Thursday 4 July 2013

Winter wears

I realised I haven't yet written a post about the latest on fashion. But since it's just come to the end of financial year here in Australia, and with some sales still ongoing, I thought this would  be a good time.

As always, clothes we buy in one season can easily transcend to another, and  I've found skirts that rise to about an inch above to knee, knits and blouses to be amongst my favourite buys this time round.

These will not only transcend through most seasons, but the style will also be likely to last a bit longer and make mixing and matching that much easier.

I was reading a book previously about classic styles, and since then, I've noticed that when I try to pick clothing that will transcend through seasons, I'm going for creams, blacks and navy. Not saying that I'm not loving the colours in season and the pastel colours and floral prints which have been so big. I still have my fair share of those. But I do keep an extra eye out for some classics.

A shop assistant I made friends with taught me a really good trick last year. There was this brand of hand embellished singlets I was obsessed with and the designer made LOVELY long sleeve shirts too. But some of the singlet designs I loved so much,  I wish I could wear them in Winter. I noticed the girl was wearing some of the singlet designs, but as a long sleeve, but had thought the designer had made these for her to promote. When I asked, she told me to wear a plain coloured long sleeve top that blends well under the singlet. Sounds like common sense, but I always thought it'd look really obvious that I was wearing a long sleeves shirt under the singlet, till I saw it on her. One singlet, four seasons.

Today, I FINALLY found a long, cream blazer. I've been hunting for one for probably over a year now. It probably wasn't as thick as I would have liked, but I thought it would probably even work for cooler Autumn/Fall nights! I can't wait to start wearing it.

And here's a dress my cousin picked up in the sales for me. Something I'd wear no matter which season it is. :)




1 comment:

  1. It's so weird to me living in the US for you to be posting a winter wear blog post in the middle of July! haha! Loving the blog, keep up the good work! :)

    Sarah xx

    http://sarahxoxo95.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete